New Scripts: PixInsight Toolbox

For the record, should anyone come across this thread via a Google Search, my issue is actually not resolved. While everything was working during my previous test, subsequent ones reveal the same issue.

Though I never had issues before installing the Toolbox script, but cannot tell if this issue is related to it or not. Every time on startup, Pix is installing 62 modules and takes around 60-120 seconds to actually get up and running. Once it is up, it does not behave correctly and nothing works (open images, auto STF, even changing preferences).

I am not intending to derail this topic, but I can't make heads or tails of what the root issue is. Curiously, I have found that restarting Pix results in significantly faster startup and everything seems to work fine. That seems to indicate that something is going wrong during the first start up for a given PC wake session, but have zero idea what that could be.
We have seen PI get messed up during core version updates when the settings file is damaged, especially in an update that tries to convert the old style settings file to the new one. I'd clear the settings folder (depends on your OS) of all files except the license file and do a clean install of the latest PI (build 1605). Then restore your repository URLs (be sure to make note of them before you do the clean install) and see if everything updates properly.

2 builds behind and I suggest you edit the name of the program you were mentioning, otherwise your post gets deleted.

Cheers
Tom

Hello
I recently added https://www.ideviceapps.de/PixInsight/Utilities/ to Manage Update Repositories and when trying to work with Scrip>Toolbox>GraXpert I get an error message.
I have read on the Forum that I should delete all files except the license file from the PI configuration folder and do a clean install of the latest PI (build 1605).
I work with Windows, can you tell me where I find the settings folder?

Hello
I recently added https://www.ideviceapps.de/PixInsight/Utilities/ to Manage Update Repositories and when trying to work with Scrip>Toolbox>GraXpert I get an error message.
I have read on the Forum that I should delete all files except the license file from the PI configuration folder and do a clean install of the latest PI (build 1605).
I work with Windows, can you tell me where I find the settings folder?

If you are not on the latest build (1605), try to install it first. It should be enough.
Deleting files from the configuration folder (%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Pleiades) is not mandatory and is only necessary in specific cases where the transition from ini files to settings files did not go well.

Hello
Since I already had build 1605 installed, I hadn't tried reinstalling it; but now I have done it and everything seems to work again.
THANK YOU

Back