Unable to reload Generalized Hyperbolic Stretch

raygjones

My computer hung up the first time I started GHS after it was updated into in Pixinsight. (windows 11). I then Restarted the computer but GHS was no longer listed in Process or Scripts. In Pixinsight Resources Manage Repositories I deleted https://www.ghsastro.co.uk/updates/ . I then used +Add to reenter " https://www.ghsastro.co.uk/updates/". I tried Updates, but the program indicated there were no new updates. However Pixinsight still does not recognize GHS in Process or Scripts. In other words the programs are loaded but the Icons are not shown. Does anyone have a recommendation on how to restore these programs short of deleting the entire Pixinsight program?? I would appreciate any ideas on how to proceed.

I located and deleted the GHS src scripts entire folder. Restated Pixinsight. Restart error message states cannot locate the src Scripts file. Tried to reload programs using the Check for updates with no success. Resources Site still recognizes that the latest update to GHS is installed. In Scripts> Feature scripts Utilities> GHS is not listed and the GHS icon in no shown in Process Explorer.

Last edited:
When you say you deleted the entire folder I presume it was only the GHS folder within the src/scripts folder. Unfortunately, deleting the GHS folder in src/scripts is not enough to force a reinstallation. The information PixInsight uses to check if a download is required is contained in the updates.xri file in your PixInsight directory. A "sledge-hammer" approach is simply to move this out of the PixInsight folder - then when you restart PixInsight it will force a re-installation of all updates, not just GHS but every other script, PI update etc, available for your installation. A more subtle approach, if you are confident in doing it, is to edit your updates file (keep a backup copy!) just to remove the sections relating to GHS.

Are you running the latest 1.8.9-1 version of PixInsight? The reason I ask is that, if you are on the latest version, you should also have the process version available in your Process menu. I would recommend using this if you have it and that may mean you can ignore the absence of the script version.

Thanks Mike. Located the updates.xri update file. Opened in Notepad and deleted the GHS section. Deleted the updates.xri in the program, but cannot save the updated version in the Program folder because of "you need administrator permission". I am the computer administrator but cannot get this to work. Since I deleted the .xri file I am dealing with the Sledge hammer approach. Good thing I have fast computer. All updates done in a few minutes.

Many thanks for the support.

Ray

Back