🚀 Exciting News! The EZ Processing Suite Project Continues! 🚀

Palmito

Hey everyone,

I'm thrilled to announce that I have taken over the maintenance and distribution of the EZ Processing Suite, originally created by S. Dimant. This suite is an essential tool for PixInsight users, and I'm committed to ensuring its continued availability and community driven improvement.

PixInsight Update Repository: https://elveteek.ch/pixinsight-updates/ez-processing-suite/

Installation documentation: https://elveteek.ch/pixinsight/ez-processing-suite

Source code: https://gitlab.com/elveteek-astro/ez-processing-suite

My goal is to make this powerful suite accessible to everyone, and I encourage contributions from the community. If you have ideas, suggestions, or would like to get involved in the development, please don't hesitate to reach out. Together, we can make the EZ Processing Suite even better!

Thank you for your support, to continue making astrophotography processing easier and more efficient with the EZ Processing Suite!

Cheers,

Carl

--edit 2023-12-08: I have removed irrelevant info, present in documentation, to make this post shorter and clearer.
Special thanks to @Mike1485 for his contribution to make the EZ Processing Suite compatible with PixInsight 1.8.9-2!!

Last edited:
Great news Carl - I'm sure many will be very grateful for your work on this. I presume you are aware of the edited version I posted which gets EZ-Stretch working on 1.8.9-2 it is in a dropbox repository linked on this thread. I will leave the dropbox files available for a few days but then I think it will make sense to close it down and make a note over on that other thread leading over here.

Great news Carl - I'm sure many will be very grateful for your work on this. I presume you are aware of the edited version I posted which gets EZ-Stretch working on 1.8.9-2 it is in a dropbox repository linked on this thread. I will leave the dropbox files available for a few days but then I think it will make sense to close it down and make a note over on that other thread leading over here.

Many thanks, yes I noticed your post when I started writing mine.
I have downloaded the files from your dropbox.
I'll look into your changes and how to generalize them to all scripts and hopefully all versions too.
Will keep you posted ;-)

Hey everyone,

I'm thrilled to announce that I have taken over the maintenance and distribution of the EZ Processing Suite, originally created by S. Dimant. This suite is an essential tool for PixInsight users, and I'm committed to ensuring its continued availability and community driven improvement.

You can find the latest updates and releases on our PixInsight Update Repository: https://elveteek.ch/pixinsight-updates/ez-processing-suite.
Note: at the moment I have only setup new update/source code repositories, so it requires PixInsight 1.8.9-1 to show an available update.

Additionally, the project's source code and development can be found on GitLab: https://gitlab.com/elveteek-astro/ez-processing-suite.

My goal is to make this powerful suite accessible to everyone, and I encourage contributions from the community. If you have ideas, suggestions, or would like to get involved in the development, please don't hesitate to reach out. Together, we can make the EZ Processing Suite even better!

The current goal is to make it available for version 1.8.9-2
I have briefly seen some discussions but have not looked into it deeply yet, please get in touch with me if you already have a fix and want to contribute it into the repository.

Thank you for your support, to continue making astrophotography processing easier and more efficient with the EZ Processing Suite!

Cheers,

Carl
Great news Carl and well done on taking it on!

CS
Carlos

I have just released an update, EZ Processing Suite is now available for PixInsight 1.8.9-2

I am sorry, at the moment, there is an issue and I cannot sign the code.
So you'll have to click on yes to the warning update will display, or wait for me to get this issue resolved.

Special thanks to @Mike1485 for the fixes he provided!

Cheers and CS,
Carl

Thanks Carl. We appreciate you stepping up for this suite - very useful.
I have one issue I have not resolved.
On the EZ_StarReduction there is a button to create a Star Mask but it is greyed out.
Do you have to have the old Starnet++ installed for this to become active? I have StarnetV2 installed but that does not seem to help.

Thanks Carl. We appreciate you stepping up for this suite - very useful.
I have one issue I have not resolved.
On the EZ_StarReduction there is a button to create a Star Mask but it is greyed out.
Do you have to have the old Starnet++ installed for this to become active? I have StarnetV2 installed but that does not seem to help.
New release uses StarNet2.

The button should activate if a view is selected and StarNet2 available.
Can you launch and use StarNet2 from the Process menu?

1697319963376.png

Last edited:
Yes Starnet2 works fine from the process menu. I am working with an RGB image. I would not think that matters.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-14 150845.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-10-14 150845.jpg
    340.3 KB · Views: 119
Fantastic news!
Thank you so much for that. Despite all the GHS craze, I still heavily rely on EZ Soft Stretch.

Last edited:
I followed your instructions but there was no update available. I then viewed installed updates and the old EZ processing was still installed. I deleted all the EZ scripts and rebooted and still showed as installed.
So I bit the bullet and did a reset updates and after update completion all is good.
All EZ Processing Suite scripts work.
Thanks for your help and continued support of this software.

Hi Palmito
Even with your latest version, unfortunately the star mask generation in Decon does not work (it creates an unusable mask!). As already clarified by Pfile, the Decon script in EZ only works with Starnet++ and not with Starnet2.
John

followed your instructions but there was no update available. I then viewed installed updates and the old EZ processing was still installed. I deleted all the EZ scripts and rebooted and still showed as installed.
So I bit the bullet and did a reset updates and after update completion all is good.
All EZ Processing Suite scripts work.
Thanks for your help and continued support of this software.

Ah yes in some rare cases Pix requires a reset.

Glad you got it working.

Many thanks, I am very happy to provide it for the community :)

Hi Palmito
Even with your latest version, unfortunately the star mask generation in Decon does not work (it creates an unusable mask!). As already clarified by Pfile, the Decon script in EZ only works with Starnet++ and not with Starnet2.
John

Hi John,

Could you please provide more details on the generated mask defects?
I would rather find a solution for having SN2 work (perhaps parameters change).

Carl

Hi Palmito
John

Hi again,

Trying to reproduce your issue, I now experience Pix crashes I hadn't encountered during testing prior release.
The crash occurs during StarNet2 processing, right after it says "Done!", but nothing else executes after that.

I do see in this case, which was not the case before, a mostly white star mask.

I am looking into it, but have absolutely no idea at this point why it occurs. Any help welcome.

Will keep you posted.

Carl

perhaps a morphological transformation of the starnet2 generated mask could fix the problem, either opening or closing with a circular kernel, depending on what is wrong with the mask.

Ciao Palmito,
Non ottengo alcun arresto anomalo in PI. Questa è StarMask generata internamente dallo script Decon. L'altro è star_mask generato da Starnet2 dalla suite EZ.

PS. Starnet2 funziona alla grande nello script Star Reduction in EZ!

Attachments

• Star_MAsk.jpg
    Star_MAsk.jpg
    468.5 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Hi again,

Trying to reproduce your issue, I now experience Pix crashes I hadn't encountered during testing prior release.
The crash occurs during StarNet2 processing, right after it says "Done!", but nothing else executes after that.

I do see in this case, which was not the case before, a mostly white star mask.

I am looking into it, but have absolutely no idea at this point why it occurs. Any help welcome.

Will keep you posted.

Carl

I know this is the month, but spooky, I changed nothing to the code and now it works. Worst developer nightmare 😅

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-15 214443.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-10-15 214443.jpg
    617.5 KB · Views: 66
I know this is the month, but spooky, I changed nothing to the code and now it works. Worst developer nightmare 😅

in EZ soft stretch (i think), there were some UI widget setup calls that had bad indices, which @Mike1485 found and fixed. this caused the script to crash on -2, but -1 was OK with it. there might be more stuff like that hiding out in the code that sets up the UI which causes nondeterministic crashes.

Back