cropping using ImageContainer, turn off alert?

sparq

Hi everyone--

I'd like to crop a large number of images (hundreds) the same, and using the Image Container seems to be the best way to do that. The problem is that the images all have astrometric solutions, and when applying the crop to the container, the "The following items will be deleted...astrometric solution..." comes on for each image (see attached), so I have to click it so the crop can then go to the next image in the Image Container.

Is there a way to turn off this alert so Image Container can zip thru all of them without having to stop? And if so, I'll want to turn it back on again for general usage.

BTW, I'm comfortable using Dynamic Crop as well, so any solution with either that or Crop will be great.

TIA

Steve Smith
SPARQ Observatory

Attachments

• PI alert.jpg
    PI alert.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 15
Hi everyone--

I'd like to crop a large number of images (hundreds) the same, and using the Image Container seems to be the best way to do that. The problem is that the images all have astrometric solutions, and when applying the crop to the container, the "The following items will be deleted...astrometric solution..." comes on for each image (see attached), so I have to click it so the crop can then go to the next image in the Image Container.

Is there a way to turn off this alert so Image Container can zip thru all of them without having to stop? And if so, I'll want to turn it back on again for general usage.

BTW, I'm comfortable using Dynamic Crop as well, so any solution with either that or Crop will be great.

TIA

Steve Smith
SPARQ Observatory
Both Crop and DynamicCrop allow you to edit their settings. Just set P.noGUIMessages to false.

Screenshot 2024-04-15 171625.png

false is the default value of P.noGUIMessages. In order to shut off the message, you'll have to set it to true.

Bernd

false is the default value of P.noGUIMessages. In order to shut off the message, you'll have to set it to true.
Perhaps, in retrospect, it would have been wiser to name the switch "GUIMessages" to avoid this "double negative" confusion - but it is what it is.

Back