Image Solver

Mannymomo

Image Solver issues - I'm using imaging data from Telescope Live (SNR Vela XYZ) and want to use Image Solver and Spectrophotometric in narrowband mode. Am I correct to tick the NB box to use? It seems that the coordinates are not finding the center of the image to solve. I've ran the image with FitsHeader in PI and Astronomy.net and they have the same coordinates. Am I doing something wrong here?

Image Solver issues - I'm using imaging data from Telescope Live (SNR Vela XYZ) and want to use Image Solver and Spectrophotometric in narrowband mode. Am I correct to tick the NB box to use? It seems that the coordinates are not finding the center of the image to solve. I've ran the image with FitsHeader in PI and Astronomy.net and they have the same coordinates. Am I doing something wrong here?

Hello @Mannymomo

There are two things completely unrelated in your question
1) Your problem with ImageSolver.
2) Your question about SpectrophotometricColorCalibration (SPCC) and narrowband images

Since you need the image to have a solution for SPCC to work, you first need to fix your ImageSolver problem.

How did you calibrate and integrate your data? Did you use WBPP?
What exactly happens when you run the ImageSolver script on your image (what is the console output)?
Have you configured the Gaia DR3 data release? Can you show a picture of your Gaia settings?

Is the pixel scale also correct? ImageSolver is much more sensitive to errors in pixel scale than it is in center coordinates.

Yes the pixel scale is correct. I found an article on Telescope Live for the particular telescope used for the image (CHI-I CMOS). Can't seem to run WBPP without having to be next to my desktop during a run. It's going to stop at least four times with the ImageSolver box popping up. I've learned now just to cancel image solver just to get it to run (it still stops occasionally). Then I'll have an issue afterwards in post processing because I cannot get ImageSolver to run.

The other issue I have with ImageSolver is during the run when it pops up, it constantly changes the focal length to the last OTA (my last used scope) instead of leaving the focal length at the one that I'm processing.

The other issue I have with ImageSolver is during the run when it pops up, it constantly changes the focal length to the last OTA (my last used scope) instead of leaving the focal length at the one that I'm processing.
You could upload an image that doesn't solve to a cloud account and post a link here.

ImageSolver will use the last values for plate center and image scale (focal length, pixel size) if it doesn't find those in the image header.

Hello @Mannymomo

There are two things completely unrelated in your question
1) Your problem with ImageSolver.
2) Your question about SpectrophotometricColorCalibration (SPCC) and narrowband images

Since you need the image to have a solution for SPCC to work, you first need to fix your ImageSolver problem.

How did you calibrate and integrate your data? Did you use WBPP?
What exactly happens when you run the ImageSolver script on your image (what is the console output)?
Have you configured the Gaia DR3 data release? Can you show a picture of your Gaia settings?
My issue with ImageSolver is it continuously pops up when processing during image processing. No matter how many times I insert the correct information into it, I cannot run WBPP without being next to my desktop.
I'll drop the discussion about SPCC because I know what must happen prior to using it.
The images that I acquiring from Telescope Live are already calibrated. I have processed previous downloads (some with this issue and other not).
I have the full set of GAIA on my desktop in a files separated from the Pixinsight file. I used the wrench to point to the location. I do believe I have done this correctly as per others cited in the forum.

Attachments

• GAIA1@0.75x.jpg
    GAIA1@0.75x.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 13
You could upload an image that doesn't solve to a cloud account and post a link here.

ImageSolver will use the last values for plate center and image scale (focal length, pixel size) if it doesn't find those in the image header.
In regards to your last statement I don't understand how ImageSolver would'nt find or use the values. I used Astronomy.net and Fits Header in Pixinsight to compare the RA/DEC in the image and they matched. I even tried StarAlign and still have the same issues.

My issue with ImageSolver is it continuously pops up when processing during image processing. No matter how many times I insert the correct information into it, I cannot run WBPP without being next to my desktop.
I'll drop the discussion about SPCC because I know what must happen prior to using it.
The images that I acquiring from Telescope Live are already calibrated. I have processed previous downloads (some with this issue and other not).
I have the full set of GAIA on my desktop in a files separated from the Pixinsight file. I used the wrench to point to the location. I do believe I have done this correctly as per others cited in the forum.
Well, like I said, best thing now is to post an image (FITS or XISF) that won't solve and see if the problem is with the file or something on your system.

Back