PixInsight 1.8.9-2 can't handle large desktop and RDP

john_s

Hi,

I've been running PixInsight 1.8.9-1 just fine over RDB on my triple monitor setup.

I updated to the latest version and now PixInsight has lost it's mind if I try to use more than one monitor.

For one, I can't move the floating tool windows more than about 1/3 of the way onto my second monitor.

Second, If I move PixInsight to the other monitor then when I try to use the menus they appear on the first monitor.

I hope you can get a fix for this soon because I really want to use Bill Blanshen's new tools but they only work in the lastest version of PixInsight which has these bugs for me.

I'm going to have to downgrade back to PixInsight 1.8.9-1 until a fix comes out :-(

Note: I tried to attach the images showing the bug, but your website says they're too large :-(

Here's a link to a folder on my google drive that contains the images :

Last edited:
I can't comment on the multiple monitor issues, however, regarding Bill's tools, I wonder if Bill can relax the PI version requirements and allow his tools run in older PI versions. This might be not as hard as it sounds.

I can't comment on the multiple monitor issues, however, regarding Bill's tools, I wonder if Bill can relax the PI version requirements and allow his tools run in older PI versions. This might be not as hard as it sounds.

it can be done, the modules just need to be compiled against 1.8.9-1. PI repositories can be configured to serve different files depending upon which version of PI is trying to download.

in fact i think mike has done this for narrowbandnormalization:

i don't know if he's recompiled or left available all his modules for 1.8.9-1. @Mike1485

rob

Reactions: dld
I have a dual monitor system, and application windows popping up on the wrong monitor always happen. It's part of the Windows ecosystem.

My complaint is not that windows pop up on the “wrong” monitor but instead:

Windows can’t be moved more than 1/3 the way onto another monitor

Menus pop up on the wrong monitor. (Like the file menu)

i don't know if he's recompiled or left available all his modules for 1.8.9-1. @Mike1485

rob
I only have two process modules (as opposed to scripts) in public circulation and both are available for 1.8.9-1 and 1.8.9-2. Scripts are not compiled so don't suffer the same issues and all my scripts work on both PI versions as well.

Great news! Looks like this just happened yesterday.

Attachments

• IMG_3113.png
    IMG_3113.png
    380.8 KB · Views: 68
Back